Monday, March 5, 2007

New Songs Added - 3/5/07

This week on Rose Radio I have selected quite a few tracks from people who have been contestants on American Idol. I thought it would be interesting to give a little background on some of them this week.

Ayla Brown was a top 24 contestant in season 5 who didn't quite make it into the top 12. However, she hasn't given up on a music career. So, in addition to her accomplishments in basketball, she managed to produce and release last October her album, Forward. I have been playing her first single, Forward, but decided this week to switch it out with the track Know You Better.

Charles Grigsby was a top 12 contestant from season 2. Not much has been heard from him since he was on American Idol, but he did release an album in 2005.

Bo Bice was runner-up to Carrie Underwood in season 4 and went gold with his album The Real Thing and is currently working on a new album and is on the soundtrack for the new movie, Blades of Glory. The two tracks that I have on the playlist are actually from the album Recipe for Flavor that Bo produced in 2000... long before he was on American Idol.

Another artist with a pre-Idol album is Vonzell Solomon from season 4. The track that I have added this week is from her album My Struggle that she released in 2004. She is planning on releasing a new album this year.

Some of the other Idol tracks added this week are singles by Camile Velasco and Elliott Yamin; tracks from albums by John Stevens and LaToya London; and a track by Jessica Sierra from the American Idol 4 album.

The independent artist selection this week is Awake by Matt Beal from his album, Contributions For An Atom Bomb.

The playlist was rounded out this week with tracks by Foghat, George Harrison, Harry Chapin, John Denver, Kenny Rogers and Ray Charles.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Allison said...

My whole family likes "Crazy." My husband was in the room when it came on your station, and since he had never heard it before, he wanted me to tell him all about it. Great song. I also really liked the addition of John Denver. But mostly, I wanted to thank you for the link to Eva Cassidy's site. I did check it out and was much impressed. So sad she died young like that.

Rose Radio said...

"Crazy" is a really cool song. And you are welcome. It is so sad about Eva Cassidy. Beautiful voice.

♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said...

Oh, I didn't know that about Eva. She just played. Tragic.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I appreciate Rose Radio! I listen nearly everyday at work. Thanks for putting it up.

XOXO SuzyP from LBFCA