Sunday, February 4, 2007

New Songs Added 02/05/07

I am adding 16 songs to the playlist this week. Two new tracks that have recently been released to radio are "A Different World" by Bucky Covington and "Make Ya Feel Beautiful" by Ruben Studdard. I have also included "Papion" by Bo Bice from his independent album, "Recipe For Flavor" with the band, SugarMoney. Another oldie from an Idol contestant is "Hell of a Day" by Taylor Hicks from his independent album, "Under The Radar." You will also hear Tamyra Gray's "God Bless The Dreamer" and Clay Aiken's "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word." I also have a track, "We All Want to Believe", by Judd Harris who was a top 32 contestant from season 4 of American Idol.

In honor of Sherman Pore's audition of "You Belong to Me" on American Idol, I am adding Dean Martin's version to the list.

A few nostalgic adds for me are "All Woman" by Lisa Stansfield, "Don't It Make Your Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gale and "Sukiyaki" by Kyu Sakamoto. Interesting fact about "Sukiyaki" is that even though the song has an upbeat feel to it, the lyrics really are actually quite sad. Still, I have always really liked the song.

I also have Michael Buble's "I'm Beginning To See The Light" from an EP that was exclusive to Target in 2005.

You will also hear songs by Dwight Yokam, KT Tunstall, and The Wreckers. You can hear these songs together from 11:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on Monday. Check the broadcast schedule to see what time it airs in your location. Don't forget to flag your favorite songs with the thumbs up icon (or down if you hate it). It will help determine which songs I keep or remove each week.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Allison said...

I've enjoyed your station. You play great songs by outstanding singers. I especially like anything by Jon Peter Lewis, such as "Man Like Me" and "If I Go Away." JPL's "Gypsy Queen" is another tremendous song. I also like Buble's stuff. I am eager to hear his "I'm Beginning To See The Light" since I have never heard it before. Maybe I will be able to catch it today. Got any Josh Groban? Good luck to you.

Rose Radio said...

Thank you for your feedback. I have really been enjoying the tracks by Jon Peter Lewis. I've been thinking of adding "Amanda Grace" to the playlist. I heard him sing that on Idol Chat and really liked it.

I have Josh Groban's "February Song" on the playlist right now.